In-Between is an exhibit I curated showing in the Cloud Tree Gallery. My curatorial purpose is to bring together artists who are abstracting natural elements into peaceful spaces, both familiar and unfamiliar, real and fantastical, bold and colorful, known and unknown. In-Between is the experience that we are neither at the beginning or the end, but near the threshold of our own edge of the unknown. As a collective body of work, the exhibit is an experience of the intermediate, and the liminal moment where we find ourselves moving to, our own place of In-Between.
The Opening Reception – Saturday, April 30th 2022, 6-10pm.
Artist Talks – Saturday May 7th, 2022 at 2pm.
Exhibit closes – Sunday May 22, 2022.
Works by Artists: Rory Foster, Shawn Camp, Abi Daniel, Jason Brooks, Ann Flemings , Jana Swec, Court Lurie & Blair Gallacher.
I helped establish Cloud Tree in 2016 with my brother Brian David Johnson. Cloud Tree is an established gallery and studio space located in East Austin. Since 2016, the gallery has been a special location and warm gathering place to not only showcase great work, but provides a venue for art openings, studio spaces and community gatherings.
Please join me for the Cloud Tree Fall Open Studio this weekend after Thanksgiving, November 28 and 29 from 11-6 daily. We have worked hard to put together a safe one weekend outing with protocols and limited entry to give our community a chance to get out and see some some art and connect.
– By appointment. Booking on the gallery calendar for a party of 4 or less is easy – simply sign up for a 20 minute time slot.
– Masks required. – No more than 10 people allowed in the gallery space at a time. We will have a door person monitoring the flow with one entrance and separate exit.
– Social distancing of 6′ when indoors.- Plenty of outdoor seating by the fire pit and on the benches out front.
– Some work will be available for viewing and purchase out front under the covered area.
– Weather permitting the space will be opened up as much as possible on all four sides to allow for plenty of air flow.
If you are unable to book a visit we will allow walk-ups, though there may be a wait out front depending on capacity.